Wednesday, April 18, 2007

My softer, plushier side


So here's my attempt at making something soft and fluffy for someone special. I remember my mom teaching me how to sew pillows as a craft when I was growing up, but this ended up being no pillow I ever sewed. My clumsy hands took one whole weekend trying to put this together, and finally I had to have my sister sew a few legs by machine. The yarn face, done ala Anna Chambers style, permanently dented my fingers forcing it through the pleather material I used. In all, the thing is like 14 inches tall, and soft like a furry, short-haired baby's bottem.

6 comments:

Steve Daye said...

I'm speechless...

paige said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I'm sure she loved it! (assuming it was for a "she"...I don't think you'd permanently dent your fingers to make something like this for Steve Daye, right?!)

Kristin said...

Yup....I love it! :)

Steve Daye said...

And for a brief moment... I thought I was special... Thanks for the false hope Paige!

All kidding aside, it is very cool Kyle!

Andrew Glazebrook said...

It's very weird looking to say the least. Neat work all the same !!! :)

Joe_O said...

Hey Kyle, would you be interested in making a puppet version of this?