My softer, plushier side


So here's my attempt at making something soft and fluffy for someone special. I remember my mom teaching me how to sew pillows as a craft when I was growing up, but this ended up being no pillow I ever sewed. My clumsy hands took one whole weekend trying to put this together, and finally I had to have my sister sew a few legs by machine. The yarn face, done ala Anna Chambers style, permanently dented my fingers forcing it through the pleather material I used. In all, the thing is like 14 inches tall, and soft like a furry, short-haired baby's bottem.

Comments

Steve Daye said…
I'm speechless...
paige said…
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I'm sure she loved it! (assuming it was for a "she"...I don't think you'd permanently dent your fingers to make something like this for Steve Daye, right?!)
Kristin said…
Yup....I love it! :)
Steve Daye said…
And for a brief moment... I thought I was special... Thanks for the false hope Paige!

All kidding aside, it is very cool Kyle!
It's very weird looking to say the least. Neat work all the same !!! :)
Joe_O said…
Hey Kyle, would you be interested in making a puppet version of this?